BUCKHANNON, W.Va. - For this week's Restaurant Road Trip, 12 News heads down Route 20, just south of Buckhannon to a new restaurant with a Mediterranean flair.
"Alfredo's Italian and Greek Family Restaurant" opened back in December. It's their first location they've opened in North Central West Virginia, but their fourth in the state.
Alfredo's offers sauces made from scratch, pizzas made with hand-tossed dough and freshly-cooked pasta dishes, just to name a few.
For assistant manager, Ahmed Metwalli, and the folks at Alfredo's in Buckhannon, serving up Italian and Greek cuisine in a casual setting has been the talk of the town.
"Here is awesome, and this town is very good," Metwalli said. "The people here are so nice."
Denise Clark and her husband are from Upshur County and say they love having a new place in town to get food.
"We came here every night for like the first month that they were open, because the food was just so good," Clark said. "It means a lot, compared to what this area has, we don't have much of anything, and we were so glad. We even got to meet the owner and actually we've become friends. it's a really good friendly environment."
Alfredo's family atmosphere has won over the hearts of customers, but of course it's the food that keeps them coming back for more.
"Most the people here, love the pastas," Metwalli said. "So most of them like the lasagna. We have good lasagna and everything."
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Graves vandalized at Lewis County Cemetery
- Cause of overnight fire involving two structures in Lewis County still undetermined
- Hope Inc. hosts girls night out fundraiser in Clarksburg
- Oak Ridge Boys come to Clarksburg