FAIRMONT, W.Va. - The Rambling Root in Fairmont held a Great Gatsby Winter Fundraiser to benefit an upcoming project.
The project will be done through Wild & Wonderful Wellness Inc., a local group with big goals to help improve local cities.
The organization began just a year a go, and is beginning to work on a few projects that will be based in Fairmont.
One project is a series of community gardens that will give people access to healthy foods.
Another is a green space and stage area that will go beside The Rambling Root and Penny Pincher.
"The cool component is there is a series of raised garden beds in the backs of the bleachers. And it's all going to be sustainable with rain catch, water feeds, and composting. We're trying to utilize the space." said Maria Allison, Wild & Wonderful Wellness executive director.
She added that the space will not only be multi-purposed, but will also be able to be used my multiple groups.
Wild & Wonderful Wellness is getting help from some Fairmont State architecture students with these projects that they hope to be completed this year.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Winners drawn for inaugural grocery grab raffle that benefits Pantry Plus More
- Infinity 77 production company opens in Fairmont
- WVU Core Arboretum holds second annual Spring Flower Festival
- East Marion Park holds annual Easter egg hunt