MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – On Thursday, Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc. And the Arts Council of Greater Morgantown announced their 2021 Organizational Grant Recipients.
14 local arts and cultural organizations will receive grant funding to benefit their work in the community. Awards total more than $100,000, with different amounts going to each organization. Funding was provided by the City of Morgantown, the Monongalia County Commission, and the YCF Douglas H. Tanner Memorial Fund for the Arts.
“It is very important to these organizations. Some organizations it makes a really large chunk of their budget, and some of them it makes a project a reality. So, it’s really important because we are giving away $168,000, and so that is a lot of money. It’s a lot of money that will do a lot of good in this community,” said Lisa Giuliani, committee chair for the Organizational Arts Grants Committee
One of the main missions of the Organizational Arts Grants program is to expand the support base for the arts while promoting excellence in the arts. The grant program also ensures the community has a variety of arts programs.
Those 14 2021 Grant recipients are as follows:
- Friends of Morgantown History Museum
- Generation Morgantown/Generation West Virginia Inc.
- M.T. Pockets Inc.
- Main Street Morgantown
- Milan Puskar Health Right
- Morgantown Arts Association
- Morgantown Art Party
- Morgantown Theatre Company
- Mylan Park Foundation
- Northern West Virginia Dance Council (Morgantown Dance)
- PopShopWV Inc.
- ROFAYKI Inc. (Spark Imagination and Science Center)
- West Virginia Botanic Garden
- West Virginia Public Theatre