MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- 12 News WEEKEND OUTLOOK February 27 – March 1
- W.Va. state senator has trial set on prostitution charge
- Trump Administration touts policies helping African American-owned businesses
- UPDATE: 2 Fairmont men arraigned on murder charges in fatal shooting of WVU student at College Park apartments
- Stories of the Week: February 23 through February 29