ELKINS, W.Va. – Management at Elkins Raceway has announced that racing action will take the green flag on Saturday, May 23 for the 2020 season opener, but it will happen without fans.
A Facebook post from the raceway, posted earlier this week, left some confusion over whether fans would be allowed to attend. 12 News has spoken with raceway officials and have cleared up that confusion. Only drivers and team members will be allowed at the raceway.
Pit gates will open at 4:00 p.m., with racing starting at 7:30 p.m.
Raceway officials have issued a series of guidelines for drivers and teams:
- If you have been experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 raceway officials ask that you stay home.
- When parking haulers, please leave six to 10 feet between you and the next team when possible.
- Masks are recommended.
- Everyone is encouraged to bring their own sanitizing products, however sanitizing stations will be set up in the pits.
- Please have the correct change when arriving at the ticket booth.
- Please print out the drivers information sheet available on our website and have it filled out when you arrive for registration.
- Please do not congregate out of your own pit area.
- Please limit the number of personal vehicles due to parking limitations. There will be no personal vehicles allowed through the pit gate.
As soon as the raceway gets clearance from the state to allow spectators, officials will release that information, they said.
Additional questions may be directed to the track office at 304-636-3339.