Wheeling W.VA. (WTRF)- Wheeling Police are investigating a pedestrian fatality in the 100 block of Warwood Avenue/ WV State Route 2.
At 6:36 a.m., officers were dispatched for a report of a vehicle hitting a pedestrian, but when officers arrived, a victim could not be located.
Shortly after, a second 911 call was made at the Interstate 70 Washington Avenue eastbound exit ramp for a vehicle that appeared to be dragging a body.
Further investigation led police investigators to believe a woman was hit by a pickup truck in Warwood and then dragged by a second vehicle to the Washington Avenue area.
Police have located the drivers of both vehicles and are working to make a positive identification of the adult female victim. The incident is still under investigation.
- Daily WV Illustrated Report 6.2.20 Afternoon
- Preston County Commission discusses first responder alerts
- UPDATE: Woman involved in Grandview search and husband arrested on multiple charges
- California man allegedly caught eating 90-year-old grandmother’s body
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020