Tyler County, W.VA. (WTRF) – The Tyler County Sheriff’s Office is warning parents of an imitation candy that is infused with THC.
The warning was issued on their Facebook page.
Tyler County Sherrif’s Office states the product is designed to look like a commonly sold candy in our area (Nerd Rope.)
It also says this Nerd Rope candy has 400mg of THC and has 35% more THC than a common joint of marijuana.
Tyler County Sheriff’s Office would like to make parents aware that this has been found in our county and to please check candy before your child consumes candy items that may have been given to them
United States Attorney Mike Stuart issued a statement on June 20, 2019, that THC-infused edibles are being packaged in a manner that is appealing to kids.
Both packages of candy had clear warnings to keep out of reach of children and animals, however, the packaging was almost identical to commercially available products.
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- Biological sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance working at restaurant
- ‘In like a lion, out like a lamb’: March folklore explained
- LIVE: White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Justice schedules Monday’s COVID-19 briefing for 10:30 a.m.