CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – West Virginia posts the fewest number of selfies, according to a study by AT&T. The study tracked #selfie on Twitter to determine which states are the “selfiest” in America. Along the way, they came up with some fun facts about selfies.
#Selfie Fun Facts
- Nevada, Washington D.C., Hawaii, New York, and California are the top selfiest states.
- Selfies are the least popular in Mississippi, Iowa, North Dakota, West Virginia, and Oklahoma.
- Left cheek selfies get more likes than right cheek. So, if you’re going to take a selfie, do it right. And by right, we mean left.
- There have been more than 250 selfie-related deaths since 2011. Next time you think about snapping a selfie while standing at the edge of a waterfall, near train tracks, on a busy road or while driving or flying a plane, think again.
- The word “selfie” has been officially added to the Oxford Online Dictionary, right alongside “emoji” and “twerk.”
- The most popular days of the week to post a selfie are Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday.
- The top 10 Twitter tags posted alongside #selfie are #me, #love, #instagood, #photooftheday, #cute, #fashion, #happy, #smile, #art and #picoftheday.