CLARKSBURG, W.Va. (WBOY) — With dropping temperatures, pumpkin spice everything in stores and the autumnal equinox next week, fall is well and truly in the air.
The West Virginia Department of Agriculture came up with a Fall Agritourism list for those who love pumpkin picking, hay rides and corn mazes.
12 News has a breakdown of what each farm that made the list includes.
North Central West Virginia
- The Pumpkin Farm At Saltwell in Bridgeport — The Pumpkin Farm At Saltwell has no admission or parking fees, according to its Facebook page. It opens to the public on Saturday, Sept. 17, and on Saturday, Oct. 1, it will host a tractor and engine show. It is located at 3460 Saltwell Rd.
- Bumgarner Pumpkins in Letart — Bumgarner’s Pumpkin Festival is Saturday, Sept. 17 and Sunday, Sept. 18 starting at 8 a.m. and will include pumpkins, mums, crafts, food and treats. The farm is located at 6254 Graham Station Rd.
- Chandler Pumpkin Farm in Clendenin — U-Pick Pumpkin season at Chandler Pumpkin Farm begins on Sept. 24 and runs through Oct. 29. The farm is open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Activities include a giant slide, apple slingshots, rubber ducky races, a petting zoo and more. The farm is located at 94 Dickens Rd.
- Cooper Family Farms in Milton — Cooper Family Farms‘ attractions include a pumpkin patch, corn maze, haunted maze, corn crawl crib and campfire. Parking for Cooper Family Farms is located behind Milton Elementary on Route 60, according to its website. Regular hours are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays, noon to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
- Gritt’s Farm in Buffalo — In addition to a pumpkin patch, Gritt’s Farm offers pumpkin bowling, goats, a “lil” corn maze, “Slide Mountain,” a hay maze and more. Gritt’s Farm is located at 864 Gritt Rd. and is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
- Stoll Farm in Milton — Stoll Farm, a pumpkin and flower farm, is located at 196 Valley View Dr. Its u-pick pumpkin season begins on Saturday, Sept. 24 and lasts through Sunday, Oct. 16. The farm is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- CW’s Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch in Cass — Every Saturday and Sunday from Sept. 17 through Oct. 23, CW’s 10-acre Corn Maze in Pocahontas County is open. The farm located at 16110 Cass Rd. also includes one acre of u-pick pumpkins. Click here for more information.
- Snyder Farms in Huttonsville — Snyder Farms’ pumpkin patch and corn maze will be open all October weekends—Fridays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays from noon to 9 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 9 p.m. The farm is located at 15631 Seneca Trail.
New River-Greenbriar Valley
- Okes Family Farms in Beckley — The pumpkin patch at Okes Family Farms opens on Sept. 24 according to its website. It will also host a moms and daughters “Witches’ Night” where you can enter a costume contest and make a broom before entering the corn maze on Sept. 16. It is located at 614 Blue Jay 6 Rd. Click here to see its hours.
- Sunset View Farms in Ballard — The Sugar Run Pumpkin Festival at Sunset View Farms opens the weekend of Saturday, Sept. 24 this year. Hours are 10 a.m. to dusk on Saturdays and 1 p.m. to dusk on Sundays through Oct. 30. Admission includes a hayride, corn maze, hay bale maze and more. The farm is also introducing a yet-to-be-announced new attraction this year.
- MJM Farms in Mullens — MJM Farms has teased on its Facebook page that public opening info is coming soon. It is located on Bee Spring Drive.
- Sunset Berry Farm & Produce in Alderson — The host of the strawberry and sunflower festivals also has a pumpkin patch. It is located at 791 Sunset School Rd. Check its website for more information.
- Hanna Farmstead in Lewisburg — The Hanna Farmstead opens for the season on Friday, Sept. 16. Its hours are Fridays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Activities include a corn and sorghum maze, sunflower field, moonlight wagon rides, and more. It is located at 382 James Stuart Rd.
- Cody’s Pumpkin Patch in New Cumberland — Cody’s Pumpkin Patch is located at 993 Gas Valley Rd. It has not yet announced an opening date for the season on its Facebook page.
- E. Black & Son Nursery in Wheeling — E. Black & Son Nursery is located at 3988 Fairmont Pike Rd. It has not yet announced an opening date for the season on its Facebook page.
- Brookedale Farm in Fort Ashby — Brookedale Farm has a corn maze that opens in September, according to its website, and its hours are Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Select Saturdays will include flashlight mazes and be open until 10 p.m. The farm is located on Georges Run Road.
- Cherry Brook Farm in Mount Storm — On Saturday, Sept. 17, the pumpkin patches at Cherry Brook Farm open starting at 11 a.m. It also has sunflowers, mums and kettle corn. The farm is located at 2250 Cherry Ridge Rd.
- Old Mcdonald Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze in Inwood — Old Mcdonald Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze’s opening weekend is Sept. 24 and 25. The farm will be open from noon to 6 p.m. on Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. on Sundays. Admission includes entry to two corn mazes, two jump pads, two tube slides, a nature trail and more.
- Orr’s Farm Market in Martinsburg — Orr’s Farm Market’s pumpkin patch opened on Friday, Sept. 9. It’s open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. It offers multiple different packages with different attractions. It is located at 682 Orr Dr.
- Town & Country Nursery in Kearneysville — The Town & Country Nursery has a pumpkin patch and corn maze activities in the fall. According to its Facebook page, it is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. It is located at 1885 Darke Ln.
- Weese Farm in Fisher — Weese Farm’s pumpkin patch and corn maze are open from the third weekend in September through the first weekend in November. It is located at 212 Hutter Rd. Click here for more information.
- Seeds of Grace Acres Pumpkin Patch in Augusta — Seeds of Grace Acres Pumpkin Patch has a new farm fun zone and inflatables park in addition to a u-pick pumpkin patch. Its opening day this season is Saturday, Oct. 8, and it’s open from 10 a.m. to dark on Saturdays and from 1 p.m. to dark in October. Click here for more information.