BUCKHANNON, W.Va. - A local kids outreach has received a big donation to help with a new addition.
The Weyerhaeuser Foundation donated $10,000 to the Stockert Youth Center to help build a new multipurpose gym.
The donation will go to provide seating, pads and other needs for the interior of the gym.
Stockert representatives said they're glad to the support of a longtime partner like Weyerhaeuser.
"It's great. We appreicate the big companies like that. There's not a lot of big companies in this area but they've been great," said Center Director Debora Brockleman.
The center has now raised more than $268,000 of the $400,000 needed to complete the project.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- WVU's chapter of Alpha Phi placed on interim suspension
- Study shows only roughly a third of WV could pass U.S. Citizenship Test
- Bill to allow Sunday liquor sales passes West Virginia Senate
- GSC, PC&TC announce joint nursing program in progress