CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – There’s a lot of great content to be found on YouTube. Here’s a look at 12 videos, related to West Virginia, that our team found this week
- It’s Halloween week and Governor Jim Justice got in on the excitement, inviting a Charleston middle schooler, who dressed up like the state’s chief executive, to join him on his live COVID-19 briefing. You can see the boy’s BabyDog-themed costume below and check out another “Big Jim” impersonator here.
2. Sticking with the spooky theme, 12 News’ Shayla Klein took a trip to Blennerhassett Island to learn about its paranormal past.
3. Want more historical spookiness? How about a tour of the old West Virginia Penitentiary in Moundsville?
4. Still not spooked out? We’ll, let’s head to the West Virginia Bigfoot Museum in Braxton County.
5. The Mountain State tour continues with a couple’s visit to downtown Thomas, in Tucker County, which has been undergoing for a revitalization for the last several years. The 12 News crew checked it out themselves back in 2019.
6. Not too far from Thomas is the Dolly Sods Wilderness in the Monongahela National Forest. Always wanted to explore it, but aren’t up for roughing it on the trails? Stay on your cozy couch and go along with this group.
7. The word about West Virginia’s beauty is getting out. A crew from ABC’s Good Morning America recently spent some time in the state, checking out West Virginia University, learning about pepperoni rolls and visiting the country’s newest national park at the New River Gorge. Check it out below:
8. The GMA crew aren’t the only ones checking out classic culinary treats in the Mountain State.
9. All that talk about food made you thirsty? Check out this in-depth video podcast on West Virginia’s top selling brewery, Big Timber, in Elkins.
10. Many West Virginians have had a chance to check out Morgantown, but have you ever seen it from an aerial point of view? Here’s your chance:
11. Speaking of the University City, the Mountaineer football team was on the road last week, notching a nice victory over TCU. WVU fans have had to endure some losses this season. It might make you feel better to see what other team’s fans go through when they fall to the Old Gold & Blue.
12. The first flakes of the season flew this week, on top of Snowshoe Mountain. If you’ve been looking forward to hitting some fresh powder, this video will keep you fired up.