CLARKSBURG, W.Va. (WBOY) — For National Cereal Day, Cookout News used Twitter data to determine every state’s favorite cereal.
According to the Geotagged Twitter data, West Virginia’s favorite cereal is Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and West Virginians aren’t alone. Based on more than 130,000 tweets, 18 states prefer Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and almost all states prefer sugary cereal.
- Honey Nut Cheerios – 11 states
- Frosted Flakes – 6 states
- Lucky Charms – 6 states
- Fruity Pebbles – 2 states
- Cap’n Crunch – 2 states
- Honeycomb – 2 states
- Trix – 1 state
- Froot Loops – 1 state
- Golden Grahams – 1 state
However, according to Zippia’s research, the largest cereal companies don’t necessarily match Cookout News:
- Cheerios: 139.1 million boxes sold
- Frosted Flakes: 132.3 million boxes sold
- Honey Nut Cheerios: 129.3 million boxes sold
- Honey Bunches of Oats: 111.3 million boxes sold
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch: 105.2 million boxes sold
- Lucky Charms: 86.4 million boxes sold
- Froot Loops: 91.7 million boxes sold
- Frosted Mini-Wheats: 71.3 million boxes sold
- Life: 58.1 million boxes sold
- Fruity Pebbles: 54.1 million boxes sold
Feel like your favorite cereal isn’t properly represented? Vote in the poll below.