Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- Women’s basketball’s Gondrezick, Niblack earn preseason Big 12 honors
- Connecticut couple accused of forcing child to sleep in closet, kneel on tacks, drink hot sauce
- WV Gov. Justice issues warning as COVID-19 rates spike nationwide, encourages West Virginians to ‘drill it right between the eyes’
- Warmth continues into Friday